Tomorrow marks 34 weeks with our Lucy! It’s so hard to believe. Pregnancy has been an adventure that I’ve found truly hard to articulate. Every stage of it has brought us so much awe and wonder. What I do know is that there are certain products that have definitely made this pregnancy much more comfortable. I wanted to document these for any mamas to be out there, and also as a reminder to myself.
- Mother’s Special Blend + Mama Bee – This was my first pregnancy purchase and I have loved it every day since! A few days after I found out I was pregnant, I ordered both of these off of amazon. The oil I read about from another blogger, and the Mama Bee lotion was recommended to me by a friend. You can find the lotion at Target, too! I’ve found that putting on the oil first and the lotion second has kept my skin both hydrated and protected. So far, no stretch marks! I’m crossing my fingers they will hold off another 6 weeks. 🙂
- Boppy Pregnancy Pillow– This has been a favorite purchase. Around 18 weeks, I started researching the different kinds of pregnancy support pillows. Some were absolutely enormous and some were pretty expensive. I talked to a friend who had great luck with this one and thought I would give it a shot. I really started using this around 20 weeks since that was when my doctor recommended that I stop sleeping on my back. This pillow has made it more comfortable to sleep on my side (and Miles loves it, too)! It is honestly a great pillow for anyone at anytime!
- Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins + Nature Made Fish Oil Gummy Vitamins – I started taking the prenatal vitamins a few months before I found out I was pregnant because my doctor recommended that. I decided on this brand because they can be found at any grocery or drug store. At my first prenatal visit I brought them to my doctor to get her approval, and she said they looked fine but to add in a fish oil supplement. That is why I take both of these daily. These work for me because they don’t hurt my stomach and taste pretty good. I have been happy with them!
- On Becoming Babywise – This book was recommended to me by a college friend. I later found out that other friends have used this book and have had great success with it! I haven’t finished it yet, but am enjoying reading about the authors’ philosophies. I think we will use this as a resource often after Lucy gets here.
- Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath – This is my FAVORITE product hands down. I absolutely love this stuff. I have tried other bath salts and bath bombs, and this foaming bath in eucalyptus spearmint is the best. I love the scent, the bubbles, and the way it helps me to sleep and relax. I really think it has helped me not to swell, too. I look forward to my daily baths!
- Black pants + denim – I have always been a pants girl. I like to wear dresses every now and then, but I feel most comfortable in pants. These two pairs of pants have been my life savers for the last several months. Luckily, I like over-sized tops, so I haven’t had to buy many maternity shirts.
- Pregnancy journal – I ordered this off of amazon early in my pregnancy. I have loved writing in it, and I think it is a great way to look back on this special time.
These products have been really helpful this pregnancy. While some of them are a must have and some of them are just used for comfort, I would definitely use them all again. What products have you loved?
Until Next Time,